Technology of Nanofibers (MSc)
(Advanced) Technology of Nanofibers
· An introduction to nanotechnology and their applications
· Various ways to production nanofibers
- Introduction to polymer solutions
- Classification of polymer
- Polymer molecular weight
- Viscosity of polymer solutions
- Selecting solvents: Solubility parameter
- Surface tension
· Basics relevant to electrospinning
· Electrospinning and affecting parameters
· Nanofibers collection methods
- Recent Developments in electrospinning
· Modeling of electrospinning process
· Characterization of nanofibers
· Nanofibers applications
· Functionalization of nanofibers
· Carbon nanotubes
1. An introduction to Electrospinning and nanofibers, Seeram Ramakrishna and et al, World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore, 2005.
2. Science and Technology of Polymer Nanofibers, Anthony L. Andrady, Wiley Publishing Limited, 2008.
3. Nanotubes and nanofibers, Y. Gogotsi, CRC Taylor & Francis, 2006.
4. Polymeric Nanofibers, D. H. Reneker, American Chemical Society, 2006.
5. Nanofibers and Nanotechnology in Textiles, P. Brown and K. Stevens, Woodhead Publishing Limited, 2007.
6. Electrospun Nanofibers and their Applications, He Ji-Huan He et al, Smithers Rapra Update, 2008.
7. A Review on Polymer Nanofibers by Electrospinning and their Applications in Nanocomposites, Composites Science and Technology, Vol.63, pp.2223, 2003.
Course Project: 20%
Final : 60%
Sunday & Tuesday 10.45 -12
Saturday & Monday 9.30 -11
Midterm Exam: 3.9.1393